Thank you for your interest in covering TBCMF
To apply for accreditation, the assigning Editor/Producer/Broadcaster must fill out the application form. If you are a freelance journalist or radio presenter, you must be on assignment from a media outlet. Photographers must also be on assignment. Spec photography, portfolio photography, and personal website photography are not valid assignments. If you are not the assigning Editor/Producer/Broadcaster or are a freelance journalist , radio presenter or photographer, please forward this form to the appropriate person to be completed.
We take your coverage plans into consideration when reviewing your application to cover TBCMF and expect coverage to be thoughtful, insightful, informative and consistent with your stated coverage plan. We do not consider social media or a compilation of photos, videos or articles unrelated to TBCMF official events as press coverage. All artist interviews must state the festival name and include some questions relating to TBCMF.
Please note the following:
• ONE designated senior person from your media outlet should complete this application, on behalf of your organisation, for ALL personnel wishing to cover the event on behalf of the outlet. Individual attendees should be listed within that single application.
As part of this online credential application, the assigning Editor/Producer/Broadcaster MUST provide a letter of assignment on behalf of each individual attendee on company letterhead, stating a description of your outlet, the name of the journalist(s) assigned to attend and the scope of the coverage. If you are submitting multiple attendees, you only need to write one letter of assignment that lists coverage details for each individual on one overarching document. If you are a freelance journalist or photographer, you must be on assignment from a publication and provide an official letter of assignment.
Only those actively covering the festival and legitimate media will be considered for credentials. Analysts, market researchers, marketing/advertising firms, brand content producers, consultants, media coaches, educators, filmmakers, influencers, YouTubers, etc. are not included in the TBCMF definition of legitimate media. If you fall into this category, but are a contributor to an outlet that meets our qualifications, you must be on assignment and provide a Letter of Assignment from your Editor.
• You must provide a detailed coverage plan for the conference or festival that you plan on covering.
• Press credential applications should be filled out as soon as possible and delivered no later than Friday 14th August 2020. Due to the capacity of the venue and the issuing of necessary documentation, no applications will be considered after this date and walk-up requests will not be granted.
• Your application is not considered complete until we have received your letter of assignment. Please upload your letter of assignment when filling out this application.
• Once your application is complete, please allow TBCMF 15 complete business days to consider your request.
• If you are approved for credentials, you will receive access to the limited block of hotel rooms held for press at discounted rates. Rooms are sold on a first come, first served basis.
• TBCMF reserves the right to approve or deny accreditation. The decision is final and cannot be appealed.
Note: if you attended TBCMF 2019 as an accredited journalist, you must have submitted your coverage by December 1, 2019 to be in good standing.
Please note that it is your responsibility to confirm with TBCMF that your coverage was received. If you have covered TBCMF in the past but recently changed media affiliation, accreditation is subject to TBCMF approval of the applicant’s affiliation. Your past work as an accredited journalist will be taken into account upon assessment of your application